This term is all about Geometry.
Children will be learning and mastering :
- Identify 3-D shapes, including cubes and other cuboids, from 2-D representations.
- Know angles are measured in degrees: estimate and compare acute, obtuse and reflex angles.
- Draw given angles, and measure them in degrees.
- Identify angles at a point and one whole turn (total 360), angles at a point on a straight line and ½ a turn (total 180), other multiples of 90.
- Use the properties of rectangles to deduce related facts and find missing lengths and angles.
- Distinguish between regular and irregular polygons based on reasoning about equal sides and angles.
- Identify, describe and represent the position of a shape following a reflection or translation, using the appropriate language, and know that the shape has not changed.