'The mathematics curriculum is challenging. Pupils use the skills and knowledge they have learned to solve complex mathematical problems.
Our teaching in Mathematics aims for pupils to become confident in using numbers and solving real life mathematical problems.
- At Kilburn Park school, we have adopted a mastery approach for the teaching of mathematics. Underpinning this pedagogy is the belief that ALL children can achieve in maths.
- We aim to develop pupils enjoyment of Maths and provide opportunities for pupils to build a conceptual understanding before applying their knowledge to the wider world.
- Our teaching enables pupils to master and gain a deep understanding of new skills and concepts in mathematics.
- Teachers continually ensure that pupils have the opportunity to reinforce and consolidate their learning throughout each session.
- Our approaches develop pupils ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Through mathematical talk, pupils will develop the ability to articulate and discuss their thinking.
- By the end of KS2, pupils will leave our school prepared for the next step in their mathematical education.
By the end of year 4, pupils should have memorised their multiplication tables up to and including the 12 multiplication table.